I know that honey technically isn’t vegan (and neither am I) but alot of vegans tend to eat it. It pops up alot in my recipes but it’s so easy to substitute it with another sweetener so just choose the sugar that’s right for you. Rapadura and other granulated sugars can be used in this recipe, just add a touch of water to the pan.
This tofu can be served atop quinoa or rice, tossed through a salad or stir-fry or could even be a great little side dish. We mostly use it in stir-frys and salads. It is SO easy it’s ridiculous.
- 1 Block of firm Tofu (organic please), chopped
- 1 Tablespoon of Honey (or preferred sweetener)
- 1 Tablespoon Tamari (or soy sauce)
- Splash of oil
– Heat a non-stick frying pan on a high heat on a small hotplate (a high heat on a large hotplate will be too hot) and add the oil to the pan.
– Once the pan is hot add the tofu.
– Add the honey and tamari by drizzling over the tofu.
– Flip the tofu once desired crispiness is reached. Cook both sides evenly and take off the heat. Done!