This dairy free cream will set you free (from dairy!) and set nice and firm too 😛 Seriously, if the prep required for this one is turning you off, please give it a shot. It’s actually really easy! With some recipes you can skip the soaking of the nuts if you wish but NOT THIS ONE. Soak your cashews for 4-12 hours. Here’s what I do, the night before I make this, I put the coconut cream in the fridge and soak the cashews. In the morning I drain and rinse the cashews, grab the can out of the fridge and I’m ready to go.
Once made, this cream will set in the fridge but it takes at least 2 hours. If you want this cream to be reliably firm then make it before you need it and chuck it in the fridge. Then you can scoop it onto desserts or even get your dairy-free kicks by squeezing it through a piping bag for some delicious icing or decoration.
Please don’t waste the coconut water/milk that will be left over from this recipe. Use it in a curry, smoothie or soup!
- 1 Can of Coconut Cream (chilled)
- 1 Cup of Cashews (soaked for at least 4 hours)
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Paste/Extract
- 1 Tbs Agave Syrup
– Open coconut cream can and using a spoon (or pouring skills), scoop off the cream down to the level where is has separated into water. Put the cream directly into the Thermomix bowl and retain the water for another recipe.
– Add remaining ingredients and slowly turn up to speed 7 for around 20 seconds.
– Scrape down lid and sides and slowly turn up to speed 8 for 30-60seconds, until smooth.