These cookies have the loveliest combination of cacao (or cocoa), dessicated coconut and jam! They are insanely decadent on their own or can be iced if you’re feeling like an extreme Bad-Ass! They are one of Bob’s childhood favourites.
- 120g Olive Oil (or coconut, or butter/margarine – we normally cut in a little bit of cacao butter)
- 130g Dessicated Coconut (or shredded coconut)
- 140g Plain Flour
- 50g Jam of your choice
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- 1tsp Bicarb Soda
– Preheat oven to 200 degrees
(If using coconut oil or cacao butter, place in Thermomix bowl and heat on 60 degrees, speed 2, until melted or melt on stove.)
– Place all ingredients in Thermomix bowl and mix on speed 5 , until combined
(If not using a Thermomix, simply combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl or food processor.)
– Form mixture using a tablespoon and shape into a “puck” shape approximately 1cm thick and gently squish with a fork.
– Bake for 8-15 mins depending on your oven.
– Remove cookies at first sign of edges browning (or just before then once you’ve made them a few times) & allow to cool. Cookies will set as they cool.
Find the ingredients to make this recipe: