I have one of these almost everyday – if not for breakfast then definitely for an afternoon snack. It is my absolute favourite. I use young coconut flesh and water for the “milk” component that chocolate often calls for. I buy a couple of coconuts per week, drink the water and scoop out the flesh which keeps in the fridge for a few days. I can get 3-4 smoothies out of 1 coconut! If coconuts are too much effort for you (sometimes they’re too much for me too), then just use a handful of soaked cashews or almonds in its place. If you like to add super foods to your smoothies then this is the perfect smoothie to sneak them in. I normally also include a teaspoon of maca and of ground chia seeds. Get creative and experiment with this one.
- 1-2 Bananas (I use frozen but fresh is fine too)
- 40g Young Coconut Flesh (or more!)
- 200g Water
- 10-15g Cacao Powder
- Any superfood powders you like
- 5g (1 tsp) Honey (or preferred sweetener)
– Add ingredients in the order listed above to the thermomix and combine on speed 8 (or higher) for 30-60 seconds.
(Be sure to add the honey last or to drizzle over the top of the banana otherwise some of it can sink to the bottom)
Serve with something crunchy like cacao nibs!
Find the ingredients to make this recipe: